6. Spengler, Joseph J., France Faces Depopulation. Durham, N.C.: Duke
Univ. Press, 1938.
7. Reddaway, W. B., The Economics of a Declining Population. London:
George Allen and Unwin, 1939.
8. Henderson, H. D., "Economic Consequences," The Population Problem:
the Experts and the Public, T. H. Marshall et al, eds. London: George Allen and Unwin, 1938. pp. 100-101.
9. Kuczynski, R. R., "World Population," ibid. p. 107.
10. Borrie, W. D., Population Trends and Policies: A Study in Australian and
World Demography. Sydney: Australasian Publishing Co., 1948. pp. 3-4.
11. Glass, David D.,, Population Policies and Movements in Europe, 2nd ed.
New York: Kelley, 1940.
12. Vogt, William, People! New York: William Morrow and Co., 1960. p. 59.
13. Brown, Harrison, The Challenge of Man's Future. New York: Viking
Press, 1956. p. 256.
14. Commager, Henry Steele, "Overpopulation and the New Nations," Our
Crowded Planet: Essays on the Pressures of Population, Fairfield Os-born, ed. Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday, 1962. p. 119.
15. Turner, Frederick C, "The Implications of Demographic Change for
Nationalism and Internationalism," / Pol, February 1965. pp. 87-108.
16. Robbins, John, Too Many Asians. New York: Doubleday, 1959. p. 12.
17. Dorn, Harold F., "World Population Growth," The Population Dilemma,
Philip M. Hauser, ed. Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice Hall, 1963. p. 26.
18. Taeuber, Irene B., "Population and Political Instabilities in Underdevel-
oped Countries," Population and World Politics, Philip M. Hauser, ed. Glencoe, 111.: Free Press, 1958.
19. Hauser, Philip M., "Demographic Dimensions of World Politics," The
Population Crisis, Larry K. Y. Ng, ed. Bloomington, Ind.: Indiana Univ. Press, 1965. pp. 65-66.
20. Organski, Kathryn and A. F. K. Organski, Population and World Power.
New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1961.
21. Davis, Kingsley, "The Demographic Foundation of National Power,"
Freedom and Control in Modern Society, Morroe Berger, ed. New York: Octogon, 1964.
22. Davis, Kingsley, "Population and Power in the Free World," Population
and World Politics, Philip M. Hauser, ed. Glencoe, 111.: Free Press, 1958.
23. Barnett, Harold J., "Population and World Politics," World Pol, July
1960. pp. 640-650.
24. Thompson, Warren S., and David T. Lewis, Population Problems. 5th ed.
New York: McGraw Hill, 1965. p. 503.
25. Thompson, Warren S., and P. K. Whelpton, "Levels of Living and Popula-
tion Pressure," The Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, July 1938. pp. 93-100.
26. Huntington, Ellsworth, "Agricultural Productivity and Pressure of Popu-
lation," ibid., pp. 73-92.. 27 and 28.